CaptureSpace User Guide
For a printable version of these instructions, download the CaptureSpace User Guide
CaptureSpace Download and Setup Tutorial
CaptureSpace Recording Styles Tutorial
Webcam Recording Best Practices
- Avoid backlighting (i.e. windows or lights behind you).
- Frame your shot close and tight versus wide and far.
- To create smaller file sizes that look better once compressed online keep the webcam stationary.
- Look directly at the webcam as much as possible to address your viewers, not at your computer screen.
- Use a quiet room (no A/C, fans, traffic, and avoid rooms with a lot of echo typically caused by tile, cement, hardwood, etc.).
- In your audio settings make sure you have your desired device/microphone selected (sometimes software defaults to a computer’s inferior built-in mic) and adjust the input level to avoid distortion caused by too much volume.
- Be as close to your mic as possible and try to maintain the same distance throughout, talk toward it at all times, and try to be consistent with how loud you talk – for best results use a headset mic or dynamic mic that is more focused (reduced background noise).
For more specific questions about setting up your audio/video on your computer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.