It is now possible to create interactive quizzes from videos that have been uploaded to Kaltura.
When a student takes a quiz, their grade will automatically be entered into that course’s gradebook. Below are the basic steps required to request and begin using the Interactive Video Quiz (IVQ) feature:
First, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The name of the person who will be creating the quiz
- The course number and semester (e.x., PHA1234 for Spring 2019)
- The title of the video being used for the quiz
You will then receive confirmation that IVQ has been enabled for your course.
- Log into Kaltura MediaSpace with your UF GatorLink credentials
- Click the Add New drop-down menu and choose Video Quiz from the list. The Media Selection window will open.
- In the Media Selection window, choose the video that you want to create a quiz for.
- Click Select next to the desired video. Your selected video will open in the Quiz Editor’s window.
- In the right-hand pane of the Quiz Editor there are several options for customizing the quiz. You can make changes and click “Apply >” in the bottom-right corner to advance to the next section, or use the three-dot icon in the dark gray header bar to skip between sections.
- After you have made your changes, you can play or scroll through the video until you reach a spot where you’d like a question to appear. At that point, pause the video and click the “+” icon in the center of the player.
After clicking the “+” icon:
- Enter your question where indicated on the player’s question screen.
- Enter the correct answer where indicated on the player’s question screen. It indicates it with text and also with green color. (There can only be one correct answer).
- Add at least one additional answer (a wrong answer) where indicated on the player’s question screen.
- For each additional wrong answer, click the “+” button to open another answer box.
- Click and drag the left-hand side of an answer to reorder it.
- You can delete an answer by clicking the “X” icon next to it.
- You can also add hints using the light bulb icon in the top-right corner of the player.
- Click “Save” to save the question when done.
When finished adding questions, you can preview your quiz or click “Go To Media” to view it in MediaSpace.
- Log into Canvas and navigate to your course.
- Click on “Assignments” in the left-hand menu and then click the “+ Assignment” button.
- Do not add any Kaltura content in the text-editor. You may add text or any other attachments.
- Select submission type “External Tool” from the drop-down menu
- Click “Find”, and a pop up will appear.
- Select the In Video Quiz tool. It will have a search icon next to it.
- Select your quiz from My Media.
- Click “Select” again in the Configure External Tool Window
- Save and publish the assignment.
- When students answer and submit their quiz, the grade is automatically sent to the Canvas Gradebook for the relevant assignment and student.